Former Washington, D.C. Mayor Marion Barry’s autobiography Mayor for Life includes a colorful (and enthusiastic) description of the first time he snorted cocaine.
“I exhaled instead of inhaled and blew all of the powder off the card,” Barry writes about when an unidentified woman offered him his first hit in the 1980s. After he managed to get the correct technique, says Barry, it “felt like I had ejaculated.”
“The cocaine was a powerful stimulant that went straight to my penis,” he says.
The infamous mayor managed to secure reelection in 1994 despite a 1990 arrest on drug charges. He now serves on D.C.’s city council.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror