The U.S. soccer team plays its first match of the World Cup against Ghana Monday evening in Natal, Brazil. According to FIFA, Ghana ranks 37th in the world and the U.S. 13th. But there’s more than a ranking when it comes to comparing teams.
Click the filters to see how the players match up in market value and performance during the 2013-2014 club season. Or compare the market value of all World Cup teams.
Data for market value and performance taken from Transfermarkt. Market values are converted at $1.67 per pound. All flags: Getty Images.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow