Father’s Day is just about here, so here’s TIME’s roundup of the best (and some of the worst) fathers that have graced the small screen.
From Bill Cosby to Archie Bunker, all classic dad traits are on display — from unquestionable authority, to care and compassion and all the other characteristics that make a good father.
So, as you think of your old man this Father’s Day, whether he’s more Peter Griffin, or Homer Simpson, or even Al Bundy, he’s the man who raised you.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement