Here are the stories TIME is watching this Friday, June 13.
After five years of Taliban captivity, Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl is back in the USA. Bergdhahl returns to a nation divided on the terms of his release, just as letters he purportedly sent to his family while in captivity have been made public.
ISIS’s violent march through Iraq could end up hiking gas prices in America. Global gas prices have hit a three-month high due to the unrest.
Teens are drinking, smoking, doing drugs, and having sex less in than in the past according to a CDC study — but texting while driving is on the rise.
And finally, it may be Friday the 13th, but the ominous day has a sweet ending. A champagne-colored full “honey moon” will grace the night sky.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com