Louisiana tourists were in for a surprise when their swamp guide dove into the water mid-tour and started playing with wild alligators last month.
“Then we hear a splash and we’re like, ‘Oh my gosh, he’s in the water,'” tour participant Stacy Hicks told CNN.
Perhaps the bigger surprise? Learning that alligators like to eat marshmallows.
Hicks was able to capture the viral video showing guide Lance LaCrosse playing with the gators and even feeding them marshmallows straight from his mouth.
The tour company is now under investigation for the violation of a Jefferson Parish ordinance, which does not allow the feeding of wild alligators. Swamp boat tour operators were ordered by the sheriff’s office to stop feeding the animals on Thursday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org