Nintendo unveiled its new Wii U game “Splatoon” on Tuesday, featuring squid-human characters in a 4-vs-4 ink shooting game. Set for release in 2015, the premise is simple: try to cover the most square footage with ink. The best part? You can decide whether you want to be a human or a squid.
TIME tried it out at the E3 conference — watch how to play in the video above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction