Harrison Ford sustained a bad ankle injury on the set of the new Star Wars film Wednesday. Ford, who is reprising his role as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode VII, was airlifted to a hospital after the incident, according to a statement from Lucasfilm parent company Disney.
“He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates,” the statement reads.
The 71-year-old actor was on a set in England when a hydraulic door reportedly fell on him, according to Variety. Hopefully Ford heals quickly, since he’s booked to star in two more Star Wars films, a Blade Runner sequel and Indiana Jones 5—all action-packed franchises.
Star Wars: Episode VII also stars Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill from the original films, along with series newcomers John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver. The J.J. Abrams-directed film is set to premiere on December 18, 2015.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out