Jemal Countess—Time Warner/Getty Images
NBC/NBCU Photo Bank
Amanda Edwards—Getty Images
Jeff R. Bottari—Getty Images
Neilson Barnard—Getty Images
Mario Batali’s new show may be shot in black and white, but that doesn’t mean he’s not still making the most of his signature orange Crocs.
The Hulu series, The High Road With Mario Batali, debuted today with an episode guest starring George Stephanopoulos, who Batali asks to don the “footwear of choice: orange slippers like mine.”
“I am not worthy!” says Stephanopoulos.
“Oh yes you are,” replies Batali, who famous purchased 200 pairs of the comfy shoes last year and has his name on a special line of Crocs’ black and orange “Bistro” shoes. After Stephanopoulos slips on a pair, the chef admits, “At this point, actually, George, I find you sexually attractive now!”
“That’s a little weird,” says the ABC anchor.
Sex symbols or clown shoes, don’t expect the foam clogs to disappear from Batali’s wardrobe anytime soon.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement