The Christ the Redeemer statue is seen lit with the colors of the 32 nations participating in the World Cup in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on June 11, 2014.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time