Beats Electronics released the Powerbeats 2 Wireless ear buds on Thursday. The company’s first wireless earphones, the Powerbeats 2 are designed to seamlessly add music to your workout.
An upgraded version of the original Powerbeats headset, Powerbeats 2 features a flat cable that runs between the two earbuds, and boasts redesigned ear hooks and a lighter feel, according to a press release. A Bluetooth connectivity feature will link the earphones to an iPhone or other music-playing device.
“To me this product represents the intersection of sports and music,” Beats president Luke Wood said in the press release. “But most importantly, the Powerbeats 2 Wireless are designed to serve as a tool for athletes at all fitness levels, whether you’re LeBron James in training or just out for a morning run.”
The rechargeable battery can power up to 6 hours of non-stop playback. If low on battery, a 15-minute quick charge will provide an extra hours’ worth of music.
Available online and in select stores, the product is sold in red, white and black—fewer colors than its predecessor—and retails for $200, while the original Powerbeats has been lowered to $150. The new device will be widely available next month.
Apple announced its intention to acquire Beats Electronics on May 28.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears