A man accused of stealing an Edible Arrangements van Wednesday night is now behind bars after leading Alabama police in a two-county car chase.
The Edible Arrangements driver left the vehicle running when he quickly ran into the store in Huntsville, Ala. When he looked back to check on the van, it was gone.
“Who steals a fruit truck? I mean it’s a fruit truck,” Michelda Johnson, owner of the Huntsville Edible Arrangements, told WHNT News 19.
Police pursued the suspect, David Wessley Carter, until he ran over a spike strip and pulled over. Wessley, allegedly drunk at the time, is now in custody for multiple traffic violations and a DUI.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk