A man accused of stealing an Edible Arrangements van Wednesday night is now behind bars after leading Alabama police in a two-county car chase.
The Edible Arrangements driver left the vehicle running when he quickly ran into the store in Huntsville, Ala. When he looked back to check on the van, it was gone.
“Who steals a fruit truck? I mean it’s a fruit truck,” Michelda Johnson, owner of the Huntsville Edible Arrangements, told WHNT News 19.
Police pursued the suspect, David Wessley Carter, until he ran over a spike strip and pulled over. Wessley, allegedly drunk at the time, is now in custody for multiple traffic violations and a DUI.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.