The World Cup begins Thursday in Brazil, and International Space Station crew members celebrated the event’s kickoff by playing some floating soccer.
In this video, crew members Steve Swanson, Reid Wiseman, and Alexander Gerst kick around a soccer ball while floating around a room in the space station.
Soccer minus gravity would make a poor sporting event — but it makes for one awesome video.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief