Sorry, Jack White trolls — you’re going to have to try a little harder to piss off the former White Stripes frontman, who stopped by Conan on Wednesday to promote his new solo album, Lazaretto. Despite the worldwide popularity “Seven Nation Army” — it’s been covered by cruise ships, become an Italian soccer anthem, and White can’t even catch baseball games without hearing the iconic dummmm dum dum dum dum dumm dum — his feelings on the song haven’t soured one bit.
“People come up to me all the time, and they think it makes me mad for some reason,” he told Conan O’Brien. “I don’t know why they think it upsets me. As a songwriter, that’s the greatest thing that could ever happen. It becomes folk music.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.