Sorry, Jack White trolls — you’re going to have to try a little harder to piss off the former White Stripes frontman, who stopped by Conan on Wednesday to promote his new solo album, Lazaretto. Despite the worldwide popularity “Seven Nation Army” — it’s been covered by cruise ships, become an Italian soccer anthem, and White can’t even catch baseball games without hearing the iconic dummmm dum dum dum dum dumm dum — his feelings on the song haven’t soured one bit.
“People come up to me all the time, and they think it makes me mad for some reason,” he told Conan O’Brien. “I don’t know why they think it upsets me. As a songwriter, that’s the greatest thing that could ever happen. It becomes folk music.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time