A Tennessee woman allegedly crashed a car into a church, called her husband, and then proceeded to stab her husband in the chest with a kitchen knife Sunday. Why? According to police, Stephanie Hamman was angry at her husband for “worshiping the NASCAR race at Bristol.”
Hamman was arrested for attempted first-degree murder and felony vandalism.
According to police, Hamman said that God wanted her in the church — at which she falsely claimed she was baptized that day. Hamman, who talked to police about her love of pot, reportedly told her husband, “The devil is in me,” before stabbing him. He was in a stable condition as of Monday.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time