Mario and company will face a hungry challenger in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games: Pac-Man was announced as a playable character for both the Wii U and 3DS versions at a Nintendo E3 event Tuesday.
The iconic yellow orb will mostly play as his anthropomorphic version from the Pac-Man World 3D platformers, but the original 2D version will also make an appearance for some special moves. Pac-Man’s attacks will include the ability to hurl fruit and, of course, chomp down on his opponents. No word yet on whether Ms. Pac-Man will make a cameo as well.
Pac-Man, a character created by Namco, joins a growing cast of non-Nintendo characters that will be featured in the new Smash Bros., including Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog and Capcom’s Mega Man. The 3DS version comes out this summer, while the Wii U version will release during the holiday season.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up