Mario and company will face a hungry challenger in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games: Pac-Man was announced as a playable character for both the Wii U and 3DS versions at a Nintendo E3 event Tuesday.
The iconic yellow orb will mostly play as his anthropomorphic version from the Pac-Man World 3D platformers, but the original 2D version will also make an appearance for some special moves. Pac-Man’s attacks will include the ability to hurl fruit and, of course, chomp down on his opponents. No word yet on whether Ms. Pac-Man will make a cameo as well.
Pac-Man, a character created by Namco, joins a growing cast of non-Nintendo characters that will be featured in the new Smash Bros., including Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog and Capcom’s Mega Man. The 3DS version comes out this summer, while the Wii U version will release during the holiday season.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com