This Father’s Day, Dove is tugging at your heartstrings. Men+Care, the brand’s grooming line for men, launched the campaign Monday in an effort to celebrate the real role dads play in their kids’ lives.
It’s the male equivalent of Dove’s successful “Real Beauty” campaign, which some have criticized for using female empowerment to sell products.
But the beauty brand says this particular feel-good campaign is based on real data, according to Adweek. Dove surveyed 1,000 dads ages 25-54 and found that 75% of fathers feel like they’re responsible for their child’s emotional well-being. But only 20% of those surveyed said that aspect of their parenting duty is reflected in the media.
So instead of showing dads throwing a baseball or building the crib or laying down the law, Dove edited quick cuts of “calls for dad,” showing how fathers come running when you need help, comfort you when you’re scared and bring a smile to your face when you’re down.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization