Just two days after “production issues” impelled her to cancel her World Cup performance, Jennifer Lopez is back in, apparently “not [wanting] to disappoint her fans.”
AFP reports that more than 60,000 people will fill the Corinthians Arena in São Paulo on Thursday night to watch the World Cup’s opening ceremonies, where J. Lo will join American rapper Pitbull and Brazilian acts Claudia Leitte and Olodum onstage to launch a month of soccer matches across Brazil.
The media first speculated that she canceled because of financial constraints, but her representatives insist that the decision, and the conjecture around it, was “premature.”
Premature or not, it gave plenty of fodder to the online gossip arena, which ventured that Lopez’s World Cup cancellation — and her decision to also bail on a charity concert in New York City last week — had something to do with her recent breakup with a dancer and choreographer named Casper Smart, who allegedly cheated on her with some transgender models (he vigorously denies the allegations).
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space