Just two days after “production issues” impelled her to cancel her World Cup performance, Jennifer Lopez is back in, apparently “not [wanting] to disappoint her fans.”
AFP reports that more than 60,000 people will fill the Corinthians Arena in São Paulo on Thursday night to watch the World Cup’s opening ceremonies, where J. Lo will join American rapper Pitbull and Brazilian acts Claudia Leitte and Olodum onstage to launch a month of soccer matches across Brazil.
The media first speculated that she canceled because of financial constraints, but her representatives insist that the decision, and the conjecture around it, was “premature.”
Premature or not, it gave plenty of fodder to the online gossip arena, which ventured that Lopez’s World Cup cancellation — and her decision to also bail on a charity concert in New York City last week — had something to do with her recent breakup with a dancer and choreographer named Casper Smart, who allegedly cheated on her with some transgender models (he vigorously denies the allegations).
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com