Father’s Day is about honoring the father figures in our lives, sure, but sometimes that means fictional television dads, too.
Breaking Bad‘s meth-dealing anti-hero did a lot of questionable things throughout the show’s five-season run, but as RJ Mitte (a.k.a Walter Jr.) notes, you can’t say he didn’t try to put food on the table.
In the above clip, Mitte rounds up a number of White’s grandest shows of paternal devotion — even the ones that probably put his family further in harm’s way (consider this a spoiler alert for those still working their way through past seasons on Netflix), not out of it.
“Would someone else have been jealous of all the time you spent with Jesse Pinkman?” Mitte asks. “A little, but you never let my girlfriend choke on her own vomit.”
That’s true family love right there.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time