A man accused of breaking and entering into Sandra Bullock’s home on Sunday faces criminal charges of burglary, stalking and possession of a machine gun, prosecutors said Tuesday.
Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney Wendy Segall said Joshua James Corbett, 39, climbed a fence and broke into the actress’ home around 1 a.m. on June 8. Police responded to an emergency call from within the house, where Bullock was said to be home at the time of the break-in.
Prosecutors also charged Corbett with illegal possession of a machine gun, but said that he was not carrying the weapon at the time of his arrest.
Corbett faces a maximum prison sentence of 7 years and 4 months.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com