Nintendo announced a new game at E3 Tuesday that allows players to build their own Mario levels.
Dubbed Mario Maker, the new Wii U title lets players create 2D levels either in the classic, 8-bit art style of the original Super Mario Bros. or the more modern 3D graphics Nintendo has used in the New Super Mario Bros. series.
The brief gameplay trailer showed that players will have the ability to lay green pipes, boxes marked with question marks, Goombas and other Mario staples across their levels. The title makes use of the Wii U’s gamepad allowing players to edit levels via the controller’s screen while using a stylus.
The game will go toe to toe with Sony’s upcoming level-creator game, LittleBigPlanet 3, when it launches in the first half of 2015.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization