On Monday night, Sia performed her hit song “Chandelier” — which happens to be one of TIME’s 25 best songs of the year (so far) — live on Late Night with Seth Meyers. Though Sia has typically performed the song with the video’s star, child dancer Maddie Ziegler, for her latest set she went with a different Girl — Lena Dunham.
While Sia lies face down on a bed and sings, Dunham performs a modern dance to the song about a girl who loses herself in partying. Though her lip-syncing leaves something to be desired, Dunham is a captivating presence on stage as she dons a Sia-inspired blonde wig and executes some serious spins.
Sia’s upcoming album, 1000 Forms of Fear, is due out July 8.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out