On Monday night, Sia performed her hit song “Chandelier” — which happens to be one of TIME’s 25 best songs of the year (so far) — live on Late Night with Seth Meyers. Though Sia has typically performed the song with the video’s star, child dancer Maddie Ziegler, for her latest set she went with a different Girl — Lena Dunham.
While Sia lies face down on a bed and sings, Dunham performs a modern dance to the song about a girl who loses herself in partying. Though her lip-syncing leaves something to be desired, Dunham is a captivating presence on stage as she dons a Sia-inspired blonde wig and executes some serious spins.
Sia’s upcoming album, 1000 Forms of Fear, is due out July 8.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time