Publisher Deep Silver announced that Dead Island 2 will launch early next year during Sony’s E3 press conference on Monday. The follow-up to 2011’s Dead Island and 2013’s Dead Island Riptide is being developed by Yager Development. The Playstation 4 version of the game will feature exclusive content.
In a press release, Deep Silver described the title this way:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction