EA shocked gamers when it announced at E3 Monday that a beta version of its new Battlefield Hardline game is now available.
Battlefield Hardline takes place in modern Los Angeles and transforms the series’ well-worn first-person shooter military gameplay into an enormous game of cops and robbers. A long video of gameplay footage showed players holding pitched shootouts in skyscrapers, ziplining across rooftops and even commandeering a helicopter.
To sign up for the PlayStation 4 and PC beta, visit battlefield.com/beta.
The final game will be released for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and the PC on October 21.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief