ABC announced Monday that Barbara Walters will interview Peter Rodger, the father of the Santa Barbara killer.
The father of Elliot Rodger will speak with Walters about his son’s killing spree at University of California Santa Barbara that left 6 people dead, and 13 injured. The 22-year-old, who filmed a manifesto about women he believed had rejected him before his murderous rampage, later committed suicide.
Peter Rodger, who was an assistant director of the 2012 movie The Hunger Games, has not yet spoken publicly about his son’s actions.
Walters, who recently retired from daytime television, will host the interview on an upcoming Special Edition of 20/20, said ABC.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time