First of all, let us say that we stand by any and all studies which suggest that chocolate is even marginally good for you and thus, we support indulging your cravings pretty much whenever. But, if you’re trying to get your fix without all those calories and sugar, then you might be in luck.
Calorie-free chocolate “Cravings” are edible strips that you place on your tongue for chocolate flavor. Remember those Listerine breath strips that were all the rage 10 years ago? Yeah, it’s the same idea. No sugar, no calories — just milk chocolate flavor dissolving on your tongue.
Creator Ian Goldfarb launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise money for the project but fell short of his funding goal. His next plan is to seek an equity investor or a bank loan so he can make Cravings a reality. He seems to believe pretty strongly that zero-calorie chocolate could really take off.
“It’s a chocoholic’s dream,” Goldfarb told the New York Daily News.
Is it really, though? Could this really satisfy your chocolate craving like a good old fashioned Hershey’s bar? Probably not, but it could be a good alternative for people who have self-control.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com