Three men hightailed out of a Canadian prison Saturday night via helicopter in a daring stunt that could only have been inspired by a Hollywood action flick.
Yves Denis Yvon Lamontagne, 35, Denis Lefebvre, 53, and Serge Pomerleau, 49 were being held in a detention center in Quebec City at the time of their flight, CNN reports.
“A helicopter touched down briefly in the courtyard before taking off with the three prisoners,” Ann Mathieu, a spokeswoman for Quebec Provincial Police, told CNN.
The men were arrested in a 2010 drug bust and were awaiting trial at the time of their escape. Weapons, dozens of cars and a plane were found during the bust. A massive manhunt is underway to find the three men.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization