The favorite to win the Belmont Stakes Saturday night, California Chrome, has a lot going for him. He’s won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes, he’s strong, and he’s descended from multiple stakes winners. California Chrome has emerged as the bettors’ darling in tonight’s Belmont Stakes, and he could very well be the first horse to win the Triple Crown since 1978.
To get psyched up for the race, check out this clip of Secretariat, winning the Triple Crown in 1973. His crushing victory in the Belmont Stakes by over 20 horse lengths, shown above, is exhilarating, inspiring and absolute.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up