The favorite to win the Belmont Stakes Saturday night, California Chrome, has a lot going for him. He’s won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes, he’s strong, and he’s descended from multiple stakes winners. California Chrome has emerged as the bettors’ darling in tonight’s Belmont Stakes, and he could very well be the first horse to win the Triple Crown since 1978.
To get psyched up for the race, check out this clip of Secretariat, winning the Triple Crown in 1973. His crushing victory in the Belmont Stakes by over 20 horse lengths, shown above, is exhilarating, inspiring and absolute.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space