While you’re probably already deep into binge-watching Season Two of “Orange Is the New Black” on Netflix, you might want to take moment to appreciate how appealing the show’s cast is in real life. One of the best features of the prison drama is the realistic way the friendships of the main characters are portrayed. These women support each other through rough times, and the show largely steers away from cliched tropes and oversimplified drama. But it gets better, in real life, the actors are friends, too. Danielle Brooks, who plays Taystee on the show, and Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey, have talked about their longtime friendship. They, and the rest of the cast members, express their affection for each other all over Instagram.
Check out some of their best posts below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer