While you’re probably already deep into binge-watching Season Two of “Orange Is the New Black” on Netflix, you might want to take moment to appreciate how appealing the show’s cast is in real life. One of the best features of the prison drama is the realistic way the friendships of the main characters are portrayed. These women support each other through rough times, and the show largely steers away from cliched tropes and oversimplified drama. But it gets better, in real life, the actors are friends, too. Danielle Brooks, who plays Taystee on the show, and Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey, have talked about their longtime friendship. They, and the rest of the cast members, express their affection for each other all over Instagram.
Check out some of their best posts below.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023