For the 70th anniversary of D-Day, world leaders, nearly 1,000 veterans and about 7,000 official guests arrived on the French shore to remember the historic occasion.
From a 93-year-old paratrooper who parachuted into Normandy 70 years ago wanting to try the jump one more time, to Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel chatting before the event, here’s a look at the highlights from the remembrance ceremonies.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State