Michael Thommason is certified as having the world’s largest collection of video games. Guinness confirmed that Thommason had 10,607 games last year, but he’s since acquired a few hundred more, bringing his collection to some 11,000 games. Now, Thommason is putting his collection—and his title—up for auction. Current bid: $50,250.
Thommason built his collection up over the last 25 years and says 2600 of the titles are “factory shrink-wrapped” and “over 8,300” are complete with box and manual. WHy is he selling now? “I simply have an immediate family and extended family that have needs that need to be addressed,” he said. “While I do not wish to part with these games, I have responsibilities that I have made to others and this action is how I will help meet them.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science