There’s a new trailer for the upcoming film If I Stay, which is already looking like late summer’s answer to The Fault In Our Stars. The film, which hits theaters on August 22, is about a teen girl, played by Chloë Grace Moretz, who is in a major car accident that kills her parents and leaves her in a coma. She then has an out-of-body experience where she must decide whether to die along with her family or wake up and return to the love of her life.
So, just like Stars — about two teens with cancer who fall in love — it grapples with some weighty issues like the meaning of life and death. Also like Stars, it’s based on a best-selling YA novel of the same name, stars an attractive young cast and seems as if it’s designed specifically to make you cry your eyes out. No matter what, we’re betting tissue sales will be at an all-time high this summer — and not because of allergies.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World