There’s a new trailer for the upcoming film If I Stay, which is already looking like late summer’s answer to The Fault In Our Stars. The film, which hits theaters on August 22, is about a teen girl, played by Chloë Grace Moretz, who is in a major car accident that kills her parents and leaves her in a coma. She then has an out-of-body experience where she must decide whether to die along with her family or wake up and return to the love of her life.
So, just like Stars — about two teens with cancer who fall in love — it grapples with some weighty issues like the meaning of life and death. Also like Stars, it’s based on a best-selling YA novel of the same name, stars an attractive young cast and seems as if it’s designed specifically to make you cry your eyes out. No matter what, we’re betting tissue sales will be at an all-time high this summer — and not because of allergies.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating