There’s a new trailer for the upcoming film If I Stay, which is already looking like late summer’s answer to The Fault In Our Stars. The film, which hits theaters on August 22, is about a teen girl, played by Chloë Grace Moretz, who is in a major car accident that kills her parents and leaves her in a coma. She then has an out-of-body experience where she must decide whether to die along with her family or wake up and return to the love of her life.
So, just like Stars — about two teens with cancer who fall in love — it grapples with some weighty issues like the meaning of life and death. Also like Stars, it’s based on a best-selling YA novel of the same name, stars an attractive young cast and seems as if it’s designed specifically to make you cry your eyes out. No matter what, we’re betting tissue sales will be at an all-time high this summer — and not because of allergies.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time