Before people paid money to watch cars drive in a circle, they paid to watch horses run in a circle.
Horse racing has been a popular pastime from Roman chariot races to thoroughbred racing in Elizabethan England.
The “Sport of Kings” has fallen out of fashion of late, but there are three races that still command America’s attention – the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes, and the Belmont Stakes. With the Derby and Preakness being claimed by California Chrome and the Belmont just around the corner, now’s the time to get back in the saddle and brush up on your Triple Crown knowledge.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up