Shame on you, Hollywood designers who refused to dress Melissa McCarthy! The Bridesmaids star recently revealed in an interview with Redbook that she went ahead with her own plus-size clothing line because when she asked fashion designers to dress her for the Oscars, they all said no.
“When I go shopping, most of the time I’m disappointed,” the star told Redbook. “Two Oscars ago, I couldn’t find anybody to do a dress for me. I asked five or six designers—very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people—and they all said no.”
Names! We want names! Who would dare turn down Melissa McCarthy?
But if that kind of short-sightedness on the part of designers means we will have another influential woman in the fashion industry, it’ll be a win for everyone in the end. Plus we can’t way to see what McCarthy comes up with.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now