Here are the stories TIME is watching this Thursday, June 5.
The White House’s classified briefing attempting to illustrate to senators that Bowe Bergdahl’s life was in jeopardy convinces few.
In Canada, Justin Bourque remains at large after allegedly gunning down 3 Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Donald Sterling’s battle with the NBA over his racist remarks ends with a whimper as he backs down from a lawsuit against the league and sells the Clippers.
And finally, what might be the best senior prank ever. California high school students paid a mariachi band to follow their principal around all day.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World