Hot on the heels of box-office hit Maleficent, Disney is eyeing similar success with a live-action remake of 1991 animation classic Beauty and the Beast and two other much loved titles.
No word yet on who is rumored to play Belle or the Beast, but slated to direct is Bill Condon, who is most well known for his work on Dreamgirls and parts one and two of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. According to Variety, Evan Spiliotopoulos (The Lion King 1½, Hercules) will pen the screenplay.
Beauty and the Beast joins two other live-action reboots in the pipeline: The Jungle Book will be directed by Jon Favreau and Cinderella by Kenneth Branagh.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement