Hot on the heels of box-office hit Maleficent, Disney is eyeing similar success with a live-action remake of 1991 animation classic Beauty and the Beast and two other much loved titles.
No word yet on who is rumored to play Belle or the Beast, but slated to direct is Bill Condon, who is most well known for his work on Dreamgirls and parts one and two of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. According to Variety, Evan Spiliotopoulos (The Lion King 1½, Hercules) will pen the screenplay.
Beauty and the Beast joins two other live-action reboots in the pipeline: The Jungle Book will be directed by Jon Favreau and Cinderella by Kenneth Branagh.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022