When Internet got wind of a leaked video of President Barack Obama lifting weights during a recent visit to Poland, the people of Twitter were plainly unimpressed. The Secret Service assured reporters that there was no threat to the president as anyone entering the hotel, including its gym, would have been checked for weapons, but some tweeters saw a different kind of threat to national security in the leaked footage.
Here’s a collection of people on Twitter hating on the president’s workout routine.
So when he's not setting loose terrorists he works out with girl weights. // do you even lift brah? http://t.co/J3svUfrgtM
— Bartley Collerd (@BCdoesDC) June 4, 2014
— Mike K (@MJKrause) June 4, 2014
Obama working out with them baby weights offends me more than it should.
— Jabarie (@JabarieD) June 4, 2014
— Kyle Kelly-Yahner (@KyleKellyYahner) June 4, 2014
My strength coach would not let Obama work out with such "wimpy" weights. http://t.co/ItafyB9N4H
— Carolyn Bell (@cbellpilates) June 4, 2014
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List