Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, June 4.
The Taliban released footage from the transfer of Bowe Bergdahl over to the Americans as backlash against the move follows Obama to Europe.
The Mississippi Republican Primary will likely continue with a runoff between GOP incumbent Thad Cochran and Tea Party challenger Chris McDaniel.
Twenty-five years after violently suppressed student protests rocked Tiananmen Square, China is beefing up security in Beijing for the anniversary.
And finally, cannabis coffee promises to give Washington state early risers a high with their caffeine buzz.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time