Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, June 4.
The Taliban released footage from the transfer of Bowe Bergdahl over to the Americans as backlash against the move follows Obama to Europe.
The Mississippi Republican Primary will likely continue with a runoff between GOP incumbent Thad Cochran and Tea Party challenger Chris McDaniel.
Twenty-five years after violently suppressed student protests rocked Tiananmen Square, China is beefing up security in Beijing for the anniversary.
And finally, cannabis coffee promises to give Washington state early risers a high with their caffeine buzz.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer