Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, June 4.
The Taliban released footage from the transfer of Bowe Bergdahl over to the Americans as backlash against the move follows Obama to Europe.
The Mississippi Republican Primary will likely continue with a runoff between GOP incumbent Thad Cochran and Tea Party challenger Chris McDaniel.
Twenty-five years after violently suppressed student protests rocked Tiananmen Square, China is beefing up security in Beijing for the anniversary.
And finally, cannabis coffee promises to give Washington state early risers a high with their caffeine buzz.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This