The West Midlands Police in England have released a clip of a woman who called their emergency line 999 to complain about getting an ice cream that did not have enough sprinkles on it. She complains that an ice cream man has “put a bit on one side and none on the other.”
Police in general have been releasing recordings of the most bizarre, blatantly not urgent, phone calls to shed light on the people who are jamming emergency lines — between one about a prostitute not being attractive enough and a rant about undercooked waffles.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow