The Fault in Our Stars isn’t out until Friday, but the highly anticipated film is already breaking records: The movie has taken the spot of the biggest pre-selling romantic drama in Fandango’s history.
The movie beat out Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams’ The Vow, currently at No. 2. However, it’s not in the same category as the Twilight franchise, which Fandango considers “fantasy.”
The Fault in Our Stars is an adaptation of John Green’s best-selling young adult tear jerker novel of the same name. Green was named one of TIME’s 100 most influential people of the year.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk