“Nurse Nicole” sounds like every man’s fantasy: She’s young and beautiful, loves “dogs, warm weather, and spontaneous decisions,” and has that whole sexy nurse thing going for her. It’s no wonder that she’s been catching many suitors’ eyes and their eager right swipes on Tinder. But when the men match with Nurse Nicole, they realize she has a somewhat strange fixation on prostates. Specifically, getting young men to have annual prostate exams.
Nurse Nicole does not actually exist. Instead, her Tinder profile was set up as part of a health awareness campaign run by Matches for Men’s Health. When a Tinder match is made, Nurse Nicole responds to the sometimes salacious texts from suitors with pithy, health-related comebacks encouraging trips to the doctor for prostate exams, testicular cancer screenings and colonoscopies. If the men get too worked up, she will even suggest blood pressure monitoring.
It’s a clever campaign and it should be effective, but based on the text exchanges that appear on Matches for Men’s Health, it’s not clear that the men getting the health tips actually realize that when Nurse Nicole suggests a colonoscopy, she really means a colonoscopy.
[Via The Daily Dot]
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror