The Fault In Our Stars trailer has been taking over primetime television in advance of the highly-anticipated film’s release on June 6th — and soundtracking the clips of Shailene Woodley’s Hazel and Ansel Elgort’s Gus romance is an ebullient, emotional song that captures all the energy and ardor of young love. That song, “Boom Clap” by Charli XCX, nicely complements the heartstring-tugging story — and the new official video is likely to please fans eager for the film.
The clip plays like an extended preview, filled with more snapshots of Hazel’s and Gus’s love story. Filmed in Amsterdam, where much of the action in John Green’s bestselling book takes place, the video shows Charli exploring the same spots as featured in the film (ask your local tween for details) and then driving around in a disco-lit party bus for kicks.
The darkly peppy song should help Charli breakthrough as an artist in her own right. After second chairing on Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy” and last year’s summer hit by Icona Pop “I Love It,” she’s ready for it.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time