Here are the stories TIME is watching this Tuesday, June 3.
President Obama heads to Europe 70 years after D-Day to confront a continent once again divided by fighting.
An American hero or a deserter whose actions left six rescuers dead and five terrorists free? Bowe Bergdahl is free from the Taliban, but not from accusation.
Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference didn’t reveal any groundbreaking products, but did show Apple’s new relaxed demeanor.
And finally, marijuana doesn’t just keep you high, it keeps you up. A study shows that pot smoking can cause sleepless nights and unwanted drowsiness.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World