The first photos from the set of Star Wars: Episode VII, currently filming in Abu Dhabi, have been leaked by TMZ — and they offer a tantalizing glimpse into what director J.J. Abrams has in store for fans. Production began earlier this month in Abu Dhabi in conjunction with filming at England’s Pinewood Studios.
The leaked photos show a giant monster as well as a number of extras in bedouin-like garb in a desert environment that has not been confirmed to be the desert planet of Tatooine. None of the primary characters are shown in the photos, but it’s worth checking out anyway for our first look at Abrams’ galaxy far, far away.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time