A 10-year-old Canadian boy was found imprisoned in a filthy bedroom where he had been kept for at least a year-and-a-half, police said Friday.
The boy was discovered by police in the city of London, Ontario, after authorities acted on a tip. Upon investigation, police said they believe the child was kept locked in the room for between a-year-and-a-half to two years.
“The master bedroom had an ensuite bathroom so the child had access to a toilet and shower however the room, and the entire house, was in squalid condition,” a police statement said.
The 10-year-old was diagnosed as being underweight and malnourished, and turned over to the care of the Children’s Aid Society.
The boy’s guardians, his aunt and uncle, have been arrested. Their biological child has been taken into custody as well, though there is no indication, police said, that that child had been locked away in the house.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow