A 10-year-old Canadian boy was found imprisoned in a filthy bedroom where he had been kept for at least a year-and-a-half, police said Friday.
The boy was discovered by police in the city of London, Ontario, after authorities acted on a tip. Upon investigation, police said they believe the child was kept locked in the room for between a-year-and-a-half to two years.
“The master bedroom had an ensuite bathroom so the child had access to a toilet and shower however the room, and the entire house, was in squalid condition,” a police statement said.
The 10-year-old was diagnosed as being underweight and malnourished, and turned over to the care of the Children’s Aid Society.
The boy’s guardians, his aunt and uncle, have been arrested. Their biological child has been taken into custody as well, though there is no indication, police said, that that child had been locked away in the house.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization