Here are the stories TIME is watching this Friday, May 30:
- Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has agreed to buy the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion, which would make the Clippers the most expensive NBA team ever sold.
- As the NSA fired back, Edward Snowden claimed he wrote more emails than what officials have revealed and said the NSA “feels it has something to hide.”
- For the first time in history, the National Spelling Bee saw co-champions crowned.
- SpaceX unveiled a new state-of-the-art spacecraft that will carry NASA astronauts to and from the International Space System.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer