Here are the stories TIME is watching this Friday, May 30:
- Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has agreed to buy the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion, which would make the Clippers the most expensive NBA team ever sold.
- As the NSA fired back, Edward Snowden claimed he wrote more emails than what officials have revealed and said the NSA “feels it has something to hide.”
- For the first time in history, the National Spelling Bee saw co-champions crowned.
- SpaceX unveiled a new state-of-the-art spacecraft that will carry NASA astronauts to and from the International Space System.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow