Just in time for summer, a Kansas City woman’s home looks like a beach after she got sick of mowing the lawn and replaced the grass with sand, KCTV5 reports.
The owner, Georgianna Reid, said she did it because she is “over 60” and joked to KCTV5 that the new yard looks like “largest litter box in the world.” Neighbors are reportedly unimpressed by the house’s new look, but the city told KCTV5 that it does not violate any codes because the sand is being used for landscaping purposes.
Talk about going against the grain.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms