Ty Burrell — better known as Phil Dunphy from Modern Family — successfully took on another paternal (but non-human) role in the latest DreamWorks animated movie Mr. Peabody and Sherman, which topped the weekend box office.
With puns like, “You can’t have your cake and edict, too,” the film makes use of wordplay reminiscent of The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, which first introduced the super-genius dog Mr. Peabody in the 1960s.
Of course, the familiar voice of Stephen Colbert as an obnoxious, know-it-all dad adds to the entertainment factor as well, though it’s a shame you can’t see his facial expressions as he delivers his lines. (Luckily for you, that’s included in the video above.)
Also featured in the behind-the-scenes footage provided by the studio are Max Charles, who plays Mr. Peabody’s adoptive son Sherman, and Allison Janney as Ms. Grunion.
Watch Burrell and Colbert discuss the movie below:
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating