House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Mike McCaul on Sunday called the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 “intentional” and “deliberate.”
McCaul said on Fox News Sunday that he believes the evidence points toward problems in the cockpit with the pilot and copilot.
Malaysia’s prime minister said this weekend that the plane was deliberately diverted and officials have confirmed that the pilots are part of the investigation. But on CNN, former Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte cautioned against any one theory and stressed that the passengers should be investigated, too.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space