Chris Brown was arrested Friday for violating his probation and held without bail, the latest legal morass for the R&B singer who has struggled to stay out of trouble since his 2009 conviction for assaulting Rihanna.
The judge handling Brown’s case issued the arrest warrant Friday morning after learning the singer was expelled from court-ordered rehab for failing to comply with the rules of the program, the Associated Press reports. Brown was cooperative as police arrested him at a Malibu treatment facility, authorities said.
Brown’s probation for his assault conviction had been scheduled to end this year, but a judge revoked it last year when the singer allegedly punched a man in Washington D.C. Brown has been in rehab for anger management, but earlier this year the facility said he was also being treated for bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and past substance abuse.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive