15-year-old Morgan Gleason is in the hospital for meningitis after she got an infusion for an autoimmune disorder, Forbes reports.
But she doesn’t think her doctors are treating her right, and she let them know via video. On Tuesday, her mom recorded her complaints about her treatment, including being awakened by doctors who drop by at all hours. “I am a patient – and I need to be heard” she says. “I would like to hear what you are about to do to me. If you’re about to poke me with a freaking needle, tell me. If you’re about to cut off my arm, tell me.”
Gleason’s video should be a wake-up call about how to care for patients, instead of simply treating them.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction